Monday, February 21, 2011

~ Star Shaped Eggs ~

Remember how I was obsessed with making star shaped eggs?  Well, I did get a star shaped thingy.  It's not yellow, but it was $1 and I figure I will try it out. I am not sure that it's really for eggs.  I think it is.  But, maybe it's more for scrambled eggs?  I had to put oil on the inside of the ring so the egg doesn't stick to it.

After a few failed attempts, I think I got it...

This is the breakfast for an all-star!!  It takes a lil bit longer to make stars than to make regular eggs, but it's just so cute! 

Maybe I should get a star-shaped bread cutter to match my egg!  I saw some at TJMaxx the other day...  It would go very nice with these eggs....

8 comments:

Lisa said...

omg that is just so cute.. your breakfast looks so nommy :)

Joyce said...

Thanks Lisa :) You should try it :)

Lisa said...

hey sorry i forgot to comment last time haha.. he's a shih-tzu/llapsa apsa mix :)

what kind is yours??

Victoria said...

Wow, your star eggs look awesome! I tried doing something similar with hearts for Valentine's day - and blogged about the not-so-pretty results. My egg just all kind of seeped out from under the shape... but your breakfast is so pretty! :)

Joyce said...

@Victoria.... when i first tried this, the egg seeped out from underneath too! just gotta make sure the pan is completely flat.

The Beading Gem said...

I think it`s for pancakes but hey, it works wonderfully for eggs. I hadn`t truly realized how much a star fan you are!

Unknown said...

ahh! this is SO cute! eheh I like how your star obsession extends to food as well ;) If the star is metal maybe maybe you can just use that to cut bread? ehehe I love your random gizmo posts~

Joyce said...

@pearl i am a HUGE star fan :)

@Elle you are so right! I should totally try to cut the bread with this thing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin