Friday, January 22, 2010

~ HeartsforHaiti: Etsy Community Contribute to Haiti ~


I don't usually blog twice in a day, but I feel that this is worth a new post. A few days ago, I saw someone on Facebook post about HeartsforHaiti, which is an Etsy shop that was specially set up for Haiti. According to the shop announcement, "This is an Etsy collective of donated items from hundreds of Etsy shops to raise money to rebuild Haiti. 100% of the proceeds from this shop (minus Etsy fees and Paypal fees) go directly to DoctorsWithoutBorders (http://doctorswithoutborders.org ). This shop has permission to use the DoctorsWithoutBorders name and a separate bank account and Paypal account have been opened to maintain the integrity of this shop."

There are a few ways you can get involved. The easiest is to spread the word about this shop. You can, of course, check out the 700+ items in the shop and buy something you like. There's a great variety like supplies, jewelry, geek stuff, cards and even banners for your Etsy shop.


You can also donate to the shop. Please read the donation guide to find out more. I donated a set of froggy beads which sold already. But, I have another set, so I told them to relist it.


I also donated this beautiful necklace. Check these out!


I also bought some hair clips from HeartsforHaiti. They have new stuff every day so I have been checking daily. I hope you find something great!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin