Sunday, June 21, 2009

~ Top 10 Reasons I Love My Dad ~

What are you doing for Father's Day? I am taking care of stuff for my Etsy shop while my fiance and my dad shop for aquarium supplies and mess around with the fish. I wanted to take my dad fishing, but it looked like it was going to rain earlier. Now, it's perfectly sunny, but way too late to go. Just going to take him to the one and only restaurant he thinks is good around here. He prefers his own cooking and so do I. But, can't have him cooking or me messing in his kitchen on Father's Day!

Here's a rare picture of us together. Even rarer is the fact that this is probably the first time I hugged him since I was a child. That's why he looks so shocked hehe. Our family is not into physical contact, which I think is part of the Asian upbringing.


Anyway, I can go on and on about how awesome my dad is. So, let's just do a top 10 list, in no particular order:
  1. He understands more electrical stuff than the average college graduate with an Electrical Engineering degree, but he didn't even graduate high school.
  2. He cooks so well and healthy.
  3. He's funny and sarcastic. Who doesn't love his sense of humor? Oh yeah, the people he makes fun of :)
  4. He is full of ideas. He thinks of all these cool things, both imaginative and practical. I can't tell you 'cause they are secrets and may one day be patented and sold for millions!
  5. He is practical.
  6. He is so very, very smart.
  7. He is a man of action. One day, I talked to him about making a chain stand over dinner. I got a chain stand the next day. I know a lot of people who are full of dreams and talk a lot, but never actually finish anything. My dad talk the talk and walk the walk.
  8. He is a classic bad boy, grown up to be a real man who loves and sacrifices for his family.
  9. He is excited and enthusiastic about life and everything it has to offer.
  10. A lot of times, I feel that his ideas and inventiveness come from his desire to make life better, his own and other people's. He probably won't admit it. He's a tough guy after all.
I didn't do a top 10 for my mom for Mother's day because I was getting ready for my brother's wedding. I know she reads my blog sometimes, so Mom, just that you know, I didn't forget you. I will write a Top 100 list for you for your birthday :)

2 comments:

Kate8085 said...

What a wonderful post! He sounds like a great man!

pxyjk said...

Top 100...but then won't your Dad feel left out? This is a nice post...reminded me of a fairy tale I read here....

Blog Widget by LinkWithin