Wednesday, June 3, 2009

~ Summer Dresses ~

To a lot of my friends, I am a very girly girl. I think it's just because I wear dresses and skirts all the time. And I really mean all the time. Unless I have to wear pants for like outdoor activities or it's too cold, I wear dresses. Why? Because I want to be pretty! ... Ok. Just kidding. The truth is.... it's more comfortable. Plain and simple.

Every year, I buy a lot of dresses from Forever 21. They are cute. They are cheap. What's not to love? Is quality good? Not all the time. I think the average lifespan of my dresses are about 2 years. I usually get stuff online. Free shipping over $75. You can return at the store, so it's super easy. And it's so much easier looking at stuff online.

So, here is my first Forever 21 haul of the year.

Ariel Shimmer Maxi Dress: $27.80 I love this. Usually, I don't wear that kind of dress because I am insecure. I feel like it's going to fall off me. But, I think I can pull this one off. The chest part is slightly padded and it's very tight on me. I got a small. What I really love is the shimmer in the fabric. It's subtle, but so pretty!


See the shimmer?


Smock Waist Floral Dress: $22.80 You may be wondering where you have seen this dress before. Hmm....yeah. I have this in yellow already that I got last year. One of my favorite dresses. I will wear it everyday that won't cause weird looks from my coworkers. So, I got blue this time :)



Though...I really like the red too. What to do, what to do?


Marlena Woven Dress: $15.80 Ok....this is not good. Fabric sucks. It's very wrinkled and doesn't fit well. It's also too short. It's $16. I thought I would get it to see what it looks like. Going to return this one.


The last dress I got is awesome. I can't find it on the website anymore though. It's a sexy party halter with ruffles on the bottom. It's bright, colorful and fun! But, I am going to return it. I love it, but I don't think I will wear it much since I don't party like I used to. *sigh* I am not 21 afterall.


Banded Strap Knit Dress $17.80 Ok...this is a dress I grabbed from the store before I went to the island. I love it. It's yellow, it's comfy, it's casual. I can wear this every day that I am not wearing my yellow floral dress. It's a lil bit padded so you know what that means.


That's what it looks like on me.


I think I want a blue one too. Also comes in black and pink.


Since I am returning 2 dresses and I am going to get store credit, I need to place another order soon :) Thinking about these two:
Not 100% sure about this one....


I think I am really going to like this one.


Yay. Going to wear my blue floral dress tomorrow. Now...what jewelry to wear with it?



4 comments:

Virginia Janet said...

Awesome selection.!! those smock waist floral dress is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

i like the first and the last dresses! so pretty!!

pxyjk said...

The picture of you in the yellow dress has a weird angle to it. If you're not careful it will start off rumors of a +1. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I was looking at that same Ariel Shimmer Maxi Dress, and I was wondering a few things:

1.) What color should I get? I love blue, but the grey/pink combo looks good too. If you could, I'd love to see a picture of your dress to see how it looks "IRL" ;]

2.) What size? You said your Small was a bit tight, so may I ask what size are you? I'm 5'6", 120-122 lbs, so I'm leaning towards a Medium...

Thanks for taking the time to read my comments & concerns, I look forward to reading (and maybe even seeing pictures) [of] your reply!

Thanks,
Misa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin