Tuesday, March 24, 2009

~ Fun, Sparkly, Music-in-Your-Ears Earrings ~



I am currently obsessed with making these fun earrings!  And I like their names too!  They are unique, a little bit ethnic (according to my mom), and just so colorful and sparkly!  I also enjoy taking pictures of them.  They are so versatile.  I started using a small blank canvas as a prop.  I like the texture that it has and how it provides a good platform for my pieces.

I started with this pair, pink and girly and I named them "Flirt with me".  This pair of earrings has the best heart to view ratio in my Etsy store.

Then, I really wanted to use my Fire Opal and Sun Swarovski crystals, so I made this one called "Fire Me Up".


This one is "Wave to Me".  I don't know if you can really tell, but I alternated sections of light and bold colors, like waves.  I really love the Indicolite color.

I thought I would make a pair with softer colors, "Sway with Me".  It's not as bold and certainly gets less views in my Etsy shop.  But, I like them!


I want to make more!  But, my order of headpins haven't come in yet.  I am planning on making more to match these names: 
  • Make Me Hot (Reds and Yellows)
  • Whisper to Me (Peach and Light Green)
  • Wink at Me (Pink and Orange)
  • Dance with Me (Reds and Purples)
  • Come with Me .... 
  • Toy with Me ...
What other names/colors should I try?  

5 comments:

Tourmaline2777 said...

Nice color combos!

Michelle said...

Very pretty - nice color combos, too. Maybe try a full rainbow effect? Or blue and white opal (Head in the Clouds?). Keep having fun!

Linda said...

Those are very pretty.

Royal Me (LOL)
Coffee with Me
Cook with Me

LoveCreations24 said...

I think they're adorable! I love how they don't go all the way around in a circle - the half circle is pretty unique...

Andrea said...

Those are beautiful and so colourful! Love the cheeky names too...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin