Thursday, March 5, 2009

~Confessions of an Etsy Addict~


Hello...My name is Joyce and I am addicted to Etsy.

I do one of the following at least once every hour, everyday:
  • Peruse forums
  • Hang out in chat rooms
  • Pounce (look at random items)
  • Check how many views and hearts I have at craftcult.com
  • Check how many clicks my facebook ad has
  • Check my email for convo notifications, blog comments notifications and pray and pray for sale notifications
  • Look at blogger to read other people's blogs
  • List items
  • Check google analytics
I need to stop!  I need to spend more time on creating and working on my list of tasks for offline promotion (business cards, picture book, etc).  Of course, I also need more quality time with my fiance and time to train Momo.

I am going to really crack down on myself.  I am only going to spend 1.5 hours everday on Etsy and Etsy related web activities.  That's my limit.  

Here's the plan:
There's a timer in my kitchen.  I am going to set it for 1.5 hours before I sit down in front of my computer to Etsy.  When it beeps, I have to get up to shut it off.  That should break my concentration, so I don't stay on Etsy endlessly at night.

During the day, I need your help.  If you see me in chat rooms or posting in the forums, gently remind me to get off.  If I don't, you are allowed to be mean.  I won't hold it against you.  In return, I will help you break your addiction if needed :)

Rehab starts now!

9 comments:

mamacateyes said...

you are much much more brave than myself.

Unknown said...

I totally understand. I spend way too much time on etsy. let me know how that works for you. I had thought of the timer thing myself. im afraid on vacation i will go into etsy withdrawl. *laughs*

Steph said...

I'm right there with ya!
Etsy at night seems to be my nemesis...
There's strength in numbers, we'll stick together!!

Kiwi Arts said...

I am there with ya babe! Day and night! We will stick together..........however, hopefully you are not reading this right now! ha!!! :-) I am an addict too. Feel like we should be standing in front of a room of other Etsy Stalkers. LOL.
My name is Beth btw - and I am addict.
Hugs
Beth

♪Tobi♪ said...

ooo!! iluv etsy too. i dont think i would be much help.......haha!! im startin an etsy shop w/ my friend next week. our account is called jimjims!!

sincerely,
Izzy/jimjims

Joyce said...

Thanks for the support everyone! I have been pretty good today. I did check emails during the day....and I only spent a few minutes in the chat room and swept through the forum really quick once.

I am proud for my first day :)

Heather Jones said...

Hehe.. I'm quite addicted too! Have you considered advertising on craftcult.com? I think I still have an ad there now..

Miji said...

I'm on Etsy 10 times a day at least. I know I should be working on other things, but I just can't help it. Good luck with your program.

Peggy said...

I think I will put some of your ideas to use...beginning tomorrow.
Peggy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin