Thursday, May 13, 2010

~ Fork Art by Matthew Bartik ~

Last time I was in NYC, we strolled through Central Park to check out the Metropolitan Museum. Right by the museum entrance, there were a lot of people selling paintings, prints, photos and other artwork on the sidewalk. There were a lot of fun stuff, but this guy Matthew definitely had the coolest stand!


He is the artist behind Fork Art! He was making some bracelets there while people were browsing. All he uses are stainless steel forks and pliers. Ooo and his strong muscular arms too. I was there for about 15 minutes and I remember seeing him making about 6 sales! The items are reasonably priced. The bracelets are fairly cheap at about $10. I was tempted to get one, but I don't I wouldn't wear it after that one day.


He said we can take pictures, but no closeups. I happened to have my 55-200mm lens on my camera and I was standing pretty far away. I hope he doesn't consider this a close up. Isn't this little guy so cute?? He also has some awesome vehicles on display too. I didn't get a chance to snap more pictures but be sure to check out his website for more info!


Anyway, the Metropolitan museum is amazing! There are so much stuff in there!!! This is just the outside. We spent a few hours there and only saw maybe half of the exhibits. Definitely need to go back some other time.


Another weird thing I saw was this tree. I have never seen a tree where the flowers are on the branches! It looks like snail eggs I used to see at my grandparents' farm.


But, up close, they are very pretty!



Let me know if you know what kind of tree this is. It's cool!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no clue what sort of tree that is, but it's really neat!

Thanks for your sweet comment about my Nikki the other day.

- Lindsay

The Beading Gem said...

I think the tree may be a variety of redbud tree. It`s a splendid example. It flowers it spring and the location fits the range it grows in.

http://ontariotrees.com/main/species.php?id=2074

Blog Widget by LinkWithin