Thursday, December 10, 2009

~ Review: Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Day Creme ~

So, I got a lot of samples from my recent Sephora hauls. It has been really cold, so I thought it's a perfect time to try out some of the creams! I got a 0.08 oz sample of the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Day Creme with SPF 15. I have heard many good things about this brand so I was pretty excited about it.


Now, a little bit of background. I have very dry skin. In the winter, if I don't put creme on right after I wash my face, it feels uncomfortable. I know sometimes it's about the cleanser. I regularly use Shiseido Elixir cleanser, toner and creme and my skin has been just fine. But, it doesn't hurt to try new things right? Specially when it's free. What I did was just replaced my regular moisturizer with this creme in the morning.

This flawless skin creme is a disappointment to me. The scent is light and pleasant. It's a white, thick cream. But, the moment I put it on my finger, I can tell it's not going to work. It has that greasy feeling most SPF cream has. But, it did feel like it got absorbed really quickly. I used it for 3 days in a roll.

All 3 days, by the time I got to work, my face felt tight, almost like I washed my face and forgot to put on moisturizer. My forehead would be peeling a little bit. By lunch time, a little bit on my cheek too. Sorry, no pictures because it's not pretty. I had to put on some H2O cream that I stash in my cube for my face to feel better. Sad!!!

So definitely not good for my dry skin. On to the next one :)

1 comment:

pxyjk said...

you make dry skin sound disgusting. :P

Blog Widget by LinkWithin