Saturday, May 30, 2009

~ Big Fish, Small Fish, Tiny Fish ~

My dad has always been fascinated with fish. Ever since I was young, we had at least one fish tank. He even maintained a gorgeous salt water reef tank for over 10 years! It was doing so well, that some of the corals were having babies (somehow) and he had to give some away.

When he moved in with me, he had to give it up for a while. He always thought about having a fish tank, but I wasn't so sure. Our house isn't that big and we already have Momo. But, his friend was selling her fishtank for really, really cheap so he got one. And the adventure begins. We started with a few fishes...


Then, he got my fiance obsessed with fish too! Now we have six tanks~! Each tank has fish from different age. We have some baby fishes, some toddlers, some teens and some adults. A typical evening at our house involves me making jewelry and them analyzing each fish tank. Now they are into taking pictures of the fish, so I thought I would share some with you.

He put the conch shell in the tank. Isn't it pretty?


This is my favorite one at the moment....


Lots and lots!




The pictures of baby fishes didn't turn out as nice. My brother bought my dad a DSLR for Father's Day, so they will be taking lots more pictures soon!

6 comments:

mamacateyes said...

That's a lot of fish...We just have a goldfish, that Im convinced wants to be a big fat KOI.

SumpinElse said...

It's great that your Dad and fiance have this in common! Great pictures!

Unknown said...

those fish look really happy -- it must be so relaxing to watch them!

xemefex said...

Hi,

It came to my attention that your blog is popular! Are you aware of this? Let me explain... as I was googleing around Your blog came up top 10 under the keyword fish. This is pretty good and you could be making a lot of money through your blog.

Check this out:

www.bloggingtothebank.com

Annie said...

oooh, the conch is so pretty! also, your etsy store items are just lovely, i love selene's star necklace especially :)

http://anniediamond.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

6 tanks!? how did it get to this number! lol
the fishes are pretty~~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin