Tuesday, July 13, 2010

~ Should I Get an Amika Flat Iron? ~

I was at the mall yesterday and got pulled into one of those kiosks with the hair straighteners. My hair is already straight so the lady curled my hair instead. It didn't take long to do the whole head and it was really nicely curled! I forgot to take pictures of it yesterday, but today it's still curly!


Usually, when I curl my hair, it flattens in like 6 hours. It's been way over 24 hours and it's still very curly! It's so fun and bouncy. I think I like curly hair :)


Here's a quick look at the back.


Now I want one! But I tried to curl my hair at the kiosk and it's a little harder than it looks. The lady kept saying I just need to practice. But, I am afraid I'll buy it and never use it. I am just so lazy! Besides, it's $150! I am sure I can find it cheaper online, but the lady said if I buy it from the kiosk, I can go there to get my hair done anytime.


So, I searched around on Amazon. They have it! And for so much cheaper! There are a few colors of the 1 inch and 1.5 inch models for about $50 shipped!!  That's not bad right?  I am tempted!!  But, I have 2 flat irons already.  So, I am going to try to curl my hair sometime this week with the ones I have and see how it goes.

Since I had Photo Booth up, I tried out a few of the new effects.  I like these continuous shots!  Fun!


This is the glow effect.  Dreamy isn't it?


There are a few fun ones that do background detection!  It's pretty cool to see the fish swimming behind me.  Photo booth does video too I think.  Haven't tried it though.


Anyway, do you have an Amika hair straightener?  Let me know how you like it!

1 comment:

The Beading Gem said...

Nope. My hair is short and slightly wavy. I like the wash and go style!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin