Thursday, July 15, 2010

~ New Butterfly Earrings, New Props, New Adobe Lightroom ~

I am always on the look out for new props for my pictures for my Etsy jewelry shop, Happy Cloud Moments. One day I saw these decorative balls and thought they may be a good neutral color and they can add some depth into the pictures.

I like how I can put these new little earrings like these butterflies on the ball.  And then I put a bigger ball in the background for depth.

I tried putting the earrings between two balls.  I like having a fuzzy foreground. 

I started using Adobe Lightroom.  It has a setting called "Clarity" that really helps!  I love it.  It's hard to take clear pictures of my little earrings without a macro lens.  So, that clarity function really sharpens everything.

So, out of all the new colors for the butterfly studs, I like these the most.  These are Provence Lavender, which is the newest color from Swarovski.  Which one is your favorite?

By the way I tried taking pictures of earrings with hooks.  I like it!  I like the depth and the simplicity.  But, I feel that the background is too gray or something.  Maybe it needs another color?  Is everything too bland?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin