You can use firm or soft tofu. To me, when they are cut into little bites and drenched in a strong tasting sauce, it really doesn't matter what kind of tofu you use. I use firm because I felt like it. Soft is definitely softer and silkier, but it falls apart so easily. It makes the dish more watery because pieces of the tofu will be crushed as you cook it.
The steps are fairly simple so I am just going to list them here.
- Cut the tofu in little cubes
- Heat up the wok or pan
- Put a little bit of oil in
- Throw in the pork and mix it around every 30 secs or so.
- When the pork is almost cooked, throw in the tofu.
- Then throw in the sauce.
- Mix it for a little bit. Make sure all the pork looks brown (cooked).
- Put it in a bowl. Put a serving spoon in.
Look, I made a 3 course meal tonight with soup! All in 75 minutes! I think I am getting the hang of this housewife business :D