- Pooping on the floor: I think it's how he tries to get attention or it's revenge for ignoring him. He hasn't pooped on the floor in front of me since I considered him potty trained. But now, if I go upstairs for a long time (he's confined to downstairs, no carpet), he starts whining. I ignore that because I was told I shouldn't encourage undesired behaviors. Then, he barks a couple of times and quiet. Good right? I come down and there's poop on the floor, 2 feet away from his Wizdogs (his bathroom). I have crated him every single time (up to 8 hours) and he still does this! And he knows it's bad 'cause he'll be in his crate when I come downstairs.
- Barking at me: That's just not good. A couple times a day. He barks when he wants something. I was told it's something I have to work on with him before I got him. If he wants water, fine. But, if there's food and water in the bowl and he wants stuff he's not supposed to have? Not fine.
- Barking at visitors: He should bark when someone rings the bell. That's what dogs do. But, he should not continue barking!
- Jumping on visitors: He gets ultra-excited when there are visitors. He will not listen to me at all until he gets used to having them around. So, he won't sit and he'll just jump on them.
- Ignoring me when we are outside: Once we are outside, he only has eyes for everything else. He does not listen to me at all. Even with the door open and he's standing in front of the screen door, he is completely focused on the other side of the door. He's obedient in the back yard though.
So....I am going to start working on him with these things. My fiance wants me to take him to training classes, but....I feel like those are more for tricks and stuff. And I doubt they can help me with the pooping. That's the most important one at the moment and it's my first goal. I am going to research and come up with a plan.
Sometimes I just want to give up!!! But then he looks at me like this....and I am like, "Awww..."
Wish me luck!! Let me know if you have any tips for me :)